Amy Ippoliti, co-founder of 90 Monkeys, an online school and resource school for teachers, is coming to the Sunshine Coast in October to lead her annual 200 hour teacher training. She will be joined by guest faculty, Claudine & Honza Lafond and Deb & Russ Young. Amy’s month-long intensive will explore Yoga Lifestyle, Yoga Practice, Personal Growth, Anatomy, Kinesiology, Empowering Yoga Philosophy, Pranayama & Meditation. She will also guide you through Teaching Methodology, The Art & Business of Yoga and so much more…The training culminates with a two-day pass to Wanderlust Sunshine Coast!
Amy believes that before you begin exploring YTT opportunities you need to ask yourself two very important questions:
- Am I ready to learn to teach yoga?
- Will I be a natural at teaching well?
Tough questions. To help you answer them, Amy compiled the following list of qualities she believes are key to teaching yoga well.
Do you possess these qualities?
You need to be really honest with yourself and ask whether these are qualities you possess. Once you are finished, go back to carefully consider the questions above.
- Identify as a student of yoga in all areas of your life—not just on the mat?
- Embrace an attitude of being continually open to learning and being able to admit when you don’t know something?
- Possess a fundamental understanding of your own energy and a sensitivity to other people’s boundaries?
- Have a daily practice?
- Work to cultivate a vibrant body, sharp mind, and soft heart?
- Consider yourself psychologically minded with a certain level of emotional stability?
- Have a spiritual practice, even if that’s simply an appreciation of nature, art, or anything beautiful?
- Not worry about being too physically adept at the practice?
ABOUT AMY IPPOLITI
International yoga teacher, Amy Ippoliti is known for bringing yoga to modern-day life in a genuine way through her intelligent sequencing, clear instruction, and engaging sense of humor. She is the co-author of The Art and Business of Teaching Yoga, a text used
in yoga teacher trainings worldwide. Amy is a pioneer of advanced yoga education, co-founding 90 Monkeys, an online school that has enhanced the skills of yoga teachers and studios in 66 countries. Learn more at amyippoliti.com.
Become a certified Yoga Teacher with Amy Ippoliti with a 200 Yoga Teacher Training At Yoga Vida – Sunshine Coast from October 11th – November 12th 2017. Inquire today at amyippoliti.com or yogavida.com.au
Related: Starting out as a yoga teacher