ABOUT THE COURSE
Botannix Yoga Teacher Training course is an internationally accredited Yoga Alliance 200 hour Teacher Training course.
Created by senior teacher Katie Rose (Manitsas); Botannix Yoga Teacher Training course offers an integrated approach to yoga incorporating hatha yoga practices (asana, pranayama, bandha) with jnana (scriptural studies), dhyana (meditation), bhakti (devotion) and nada (sacred sound), emphasising physical health, psychological well-being and spiritual growth as the main goals of yogic practices. This program gives students a broad understanding of both the theoretical and practical aspects of yoga.
The course includes a comprehensive work book, teaching resources, lectures, workshops, practices, readings, written assignments, video and audio recordings; with plenty of opportunity for students to gain hands-on teaching experience to give you the confidence to use the right language and plan sequences for structuring a class.
Running in a small group format (maximum of 16 students per group) ensures each individual gets the attention and mentorship they require to feel confident in taking the next steps towards becoming an inspiring and effective yoga teacher. Botannix Yoga studio supports all students on the course. Yoga class participation at Botannix is required during your training – (A class pass will be allocated to attend the studio classes).
This course is designed for people who are interested in either teaching yoga or deepening their own practice. An established yoga practice is expected with a minimum of two continuous years.
- – Katie Bhakti Rose (Manitsas) – Lead Teacher
- – Sandeep Virdi
- – Abhidheya Devi (Alice Goulding)
- – Rachel Stanley
- – Raewyn Fernandez
- – Gaurav Malik
- – Mark Ashmore
25 full-day training sessions – Friday / Saturday / Sunday / Monday / Tuesday – 9:30am – 4:30pm
March 6/7/8/9/10 & 27/28/29/30/31
May – 1/2/3/4/5 & 22/23/24/25/26
- Teaching Methodology: principles of demonstration, observation, assisting/correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning.
- Subtle Anatomy: understanding the metaphysical and energetic framework of how yoga works.
- Anatomy and physiology in relation to yoga poses and the muscular and skeletal body.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sanskrit: using the ancient language of yoga.
- Yoga Philosophy: an exploration of important yoga texts including The Yoga Sutras, The Bhagavad Gita and The Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
- Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers: an exploration of what constitutes a yoga lifestyle and ethics for yoga teachers.
- Pregnancy yoga and women’s teachings.
- Ayurveda: yoga’s ‘sister science’.
- Business skills: practical tools for the business of yoga.
- Sequencing, Language, theming to prepare for taking a class.
- Practicum: practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching, assisting other teachers and hearing/giving feedback.
FREE PRACTICE & Q & A WITH KATIE ROSE
Friday 15th November 9:30am – 11:15am
Tuesday 10th December 6pm – 7:30pm
Saturday 1st February 1pm – 2:30pm
$3,240 – Early Bird 10% discount price, is offered, if paying in full by November 15th 2019, the first Teacher Training free practice / Q &A Induction day.
$3,400 – Reduced price – can be paid over a monthly payment plan completed by Dec 10th 2019, the second Teacher Training free practice / Q & A Induction day.
$3,600 – Full Price – can be paid over a monthly payment plan completed by Feb 1st 2020, the Third Teacher Training free practice / Q & A induction day.
First aid is not included in the course fee however it is a requirement for the 200 Teacher Training Yoga Alliance Certificate.
Books will also need to be bought prior to the course (book list will be sent to you)
To reserve a place on the Teacher Training or to receive further information for breakdown of course structure / hours please email firstname.lastname@example.org