OneMusic Australia is pausing its relicensing activity for businesses and organisations affected by COVID-19.
If your business or organisation is affected, please email us or use live chat between 9am-7pm AEDT weekdays to discuss. OneMusic will make adjustments to your licence fee for the period you are directly affected.
OneMusic will also cover any live streamed yoga classes you host for your members as if they were yoga classes conducted at your premises.
[The OneMusic Australia Fitness Centre and Fitness and Wellbeing Instructors licence would not normally cover the use of music in classes which are live-streamed, but because of the pandemic and forced business closures we have been able to – for a limited period – extend our licence to include the use of music in classes conducted over a live-stream.]
There are some limitations:
- YOU need to stream the class itself. At the moment we cannot cover streams via other platforms like YouTube and Facebook and while you may choose to use one of those platforms OneMusic doesn’t own (control) all the music rights for Facebook and YouTube etc. This means that if our live-stream yoga class music on those platforms is ‘tracked’ and you may be sent what is called a take-down notice or your live stream may be disrupted. Some yoga centres are using Zoom and Skype to stream – or you can ask your IT supplier how to set up a streaming server.
- The class must be from a secure password protected site (i.e. not generally open to non-members) but if you cannot technically do that then there must be no marketing or promotion of the class other than to members of your gym. In any event the stream must only be available for viewing in Australia.
- OneMusic will grant the licence for the purpose of live streaming only (we don’t have the rights to let you copy, store and subsequently communicate the class).
- The stream is not to include any third-party advertising.
- This additional activity under OneMusic Australia’s licence coverage is granted for a temporary period of six months (through to 30 September 2020) due to the extraordinary circumstances brought about by COVID-19, and will be further considered during that period.
To find out more information please go to https://www.onemusic.com.au/